Lilypie1st Birthday Ticker

About Me

Friday, October 5, 2007

Thumb sucking...

Yikes I’d probably be chastised again for being distressed over **nothing**…but hey, I’m a first time and I admit that I tend to exaggerate and resort to hysteria at times…

Oh, its really not the thumb sucking per se that’s bothering me…it’s the bruised on her finger…so huge it looks as if her nail would just fall off…now wouldn’t that scare you too??? More so, my heart aches each time I see or hear daughter crying furiously because she wants to suck on her thumb…not because she is a brat as some would assume but rather because, thumb sucking soothes and calms her…sigh, I feel helpless…and I wish there’s something more that mommy can do…for the meantime you’ll just have to keep wearing those mittens again~~ don’t worry you look adorable wearing them…

Hang in there darling…mommy loves you…!!!


An excerpt of what I researched from the inet re: thumb sucking …Read on

A thumb-sucking child usually places the thumb in the mouth above the tongue, pressing forward against the upper front teeth or gums and backward against the lower front teeth or gums. A child may develop a callus on the thumb if he or she sucks often and very hard. · Some children suck their fingers instead of their thumbs. They may have found their fingers more easily than their thumbs when they first started sucking. · Some children finger a piece of cloth, pull on their ears, or twist their hair while sucking. Thumb-sucking in children younger than 4 is not usually a problem behavior...

No comments: