Lilypie1st Birthday Ticker

About Me

Monday, November 26, 2007

The magic of the firsts...

There’s really something about seeing your child’s first---whether it be the first word, the first tooth, the first step or whatever firsts he or she can do…and so for this, I've contemplated on resigning work---giving up my career and be a SAHM. But for so many reasons, I opted to keep my job and hold on to my career…and yeah, this early I've learned to deal with the guilt and nagging feeling of leaving my daughter in the care of a nanny each time I go to work…But nonetheless, there’s still this certain sadness of knowing that I wont be the first to witness her firsts…and I've always thought that milestones are just exciting when you’re the first to witness it…but I thought wrong…as Bianca has had milestone that I wasn’t the first to witness, and I was just as excited, as happy and as proud as I’d have been if I were the first to see it… the magic of the firsts never emasculates---whether or not am the first to see it :)

3 comments:

Norm said...

touch naman ako, excited talaga pag mga first ng baby mo, It's like heaven, diba?...Hi! thx for the visit and comment..merry xmas friend!

Aggie said...

You captured my sentiments exactly :)

Mec said...

I hope it won't make you feel guilty... but that's actually my reason for wanting, and being, a SAHM... i wanted to be first witness to my children's firsts because I know I may not be around for their lasts...

Anyway, even SAHMs deal with a lot of guilt :) I think guilt comes with the Mommy territory... and I know so many Moms who have kept their careers and are good mothers :) I'm sure you're one too...